Monday, July 02, 2007

Our trial never ends... yet God's grace is everlasting!

It has been a while since I blogged how we are "really" doing. I know it must be difficult for many of our friends and even family to know what to say or do for us at now almost 8 mths.
We may look "normal" or seem to act normal and you hesitate to say something or do something because you are afraid that you will cause us more pain. We feel very alone when Lindsey's name is not mentioned or when we are not asked about our daily struggle to live without her. The pain is still very real and we still cannot believe that she is gone. Not too long ago I sang this song in our old church in Chattanooga. I'm not sure how I got through it - well I do know - by prayer and God wanted His name praised. Really look at the second line of the song, " No need, no want, no trial, no pain, can compare to this" - sometimes that is hard for me to take. I am so thankful that He did take God's wrath so I can look forward to the day when all this earthly pain and suffering will be over.

Before the Cross

My Savior's sacrifice paid for all my sin, so in my suffering I look to the cross again.
No need, no want, no trial, no pain, can compare to this:
The wrath of God once meant for me, was all spent on Him.

Before the cross, I humbly bow.
I place my trust, in the Savior.
His finished work, captures my gaze.
You bore the wrath, I know the grace.

In my darkest hour, your presence is my peace.
In my days of joy, your grace carries me.
Jesus, my great high priest. The One who pleads for me.
My heart is filled with faith in you.
Here at Calvary on my knees.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephens said...

Laura, thank you for sharing your heart. I enjoyed looking at your recent pics and reading your posts. Be assured that you are prayed for here! You often have been on my mind. Just the last week, when we had VBS and sang "Obedience" with the kids, I was reminded of you and your family, and I prayed for you earnestly again. I hope to see you next week. The girls and I are coming down to SC Thurs. through next Fri. I know we will go to Grace at least on Sun. morning. Have a great July 4th!

Andrea

4:23 PM  
Blogger Flo Paris said...

Laura, I think about you all the time..it would not be a stretch to say, I think of you and your family
every day...
I know we didn't know each other that well when we lived in Chattanooga, but ever since Lindsey's passing, I have thought about you constantly.
I feel like my heart has broken over and over again for you, ever time I stop and think about what you are going through.
We're still praying for you.
I hope one day we will be visiting Chattanooga at the same time!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I know that you didn't ask to bear the burdens that you have had dto bear but your testimony is a great encouragement and blessing. I specifically pray that God will be your strength in your weakness. I am compelled at odd times of the day to pray for your family. I believe that it is the Holy Spirit moving me to lift you up in prayer perhaps at a time when you are struggling. May God continue to carry you.
Rachel Feehan

10:31 PM  
Blogger suzie said...

Thank you for being transparent with us. I know I have been thinking about you and should have kept in contact better during this summer. I have been praying for you though and can't wait to get together with you to catch up on how you are doing. You know I still have been thinking about that memorial to Lindsey at the church like I mentioned around the time when she first saw Jesus. I would still like to do that. We will chat about that and plan to work on the scrapbook. Love you guys. Thanks for the pics. I love the new Slide application you used. It is great.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home